PDA

View Full Version : Tank and all Must Go>>>>>> Don't Miss This One!!!!!!!!!!

wds21921
06/19/2007, 11:11 PM
Unfortunately the time has come that I will have to get rid of my tank and everything with it.

What I have is a 90 gallon Reef system thats been active and florishing for approx. 3 years.

Nothing has been removed but this Saturday it ALL must go.

This includes Live Rock, Candy Coral, Numerous Mushrooms, Ricordias, Fire coral, unknown animals growing (good ones), a Saddleback Clown, A very bright orange False Percula clown, Skimmer with pump (Urchin Pro), filtration system, 2 sets of lights (1 PC 48" long 4 tubes, 265 watts) the other set being a Kaptain Ken VHO dream set (4-110 watt bulb system with 2 premium ballasts in a custom made (incredible) hood.
Live Rock approx. 50 - 75 lbs
Kent Maxxima RO/DI system with enough refills for the next 5-6 years.

And last but not least the VERY LAST of GEBC's (Jim's) Safecracker red polyps as well as a few other polyps, including one set of GENUINE Teals (true teal color)!!!

No matter what, it all has to go this weekend. I can guarantee anyone that stops by will make out on the deals. Also the tank and stand must go as well.

No set prices on anything and I will entertain any and all offers.

I don't have pictures available due to time constraints but the sale will start at 11 am this coming Saturday morning June 24, 2007.

My address is 310 Windward Court in Elkton, MD. For those familiar with the area I live in Turnquist Apartments which is just off Delancey Road. The road across from the Super Wal-Mart.
If you need directions please use www.mapquest.com , I will not be taking any calls or questions up to that time due to work and fairness to anyone who stops by.

If you need verification as to the quality of my tank or my religious maintenance regime you can ask Kaptain Ken for verification.

Anyone buying animals or coral please bring your own bags or buckets.
I will not be available up to the sale time so please use Mapquest to get directions and remember the date and time:

June 24, 2007 starting at 11 AM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly it's all got to go but I am at least happy to know it will be going to fellow reefers.

Gordonious
06/19/2007, 11:51 PM
Sorry to hear you are getting out. And just as I start to set up my own tank with good lighting on it. Not sure if I can make it sat, but hoping I will be able to.

4n4sd4
06/20/2007, 05:48 AM
Is your sale day Saturday June 23rd, or Sunday June 24th? The original post gives the written saturday, but the numeric 24th, which is Sunday. Which is it? Please say it's Sunday the 24th as I am busy all day Saturday.... :D

cdangel0
06/20/2007, 06:40 AM
Looks like I will have to cut my fishing trip short this weekend. Sorry to hear your getting out - hoping I can stop by for some of the safecrackers I have heard so much about.

kaptken
06/20/2007, 10:59 AM
Fastidious maintenance and tank care verified. Dave has always taken great pride and joy in his tank and critters.

lots of good stuff!

I'll See you there, Dave!

alex4fun
06/22/2007, 05:48 PM
damn sorry to hear u getting out but, i'll be there on satuday morning

a1amap
06/23/2007, 01:09 PM
He wasn't kidding. If you missed this, I am sorry for you. Lots of nice stuff and awesome prices. All I can say is thanks thanks thanks.

ronert
06/23/2007, 01:31 PM
whoever got the firecracker zoas, i call dibs on your first frag .... lol. i'd love to get those in my tank.

o42david
06/23/2007, 02:23 PM
can u call me or email me the price of the tank,lights & sump at jpalmerwrx@aol.com

kaptken
06/23/2007, 04:32 PM
well, that went pretty good! we all showed up and admired Daves wonderful reef tank for the last time in all its glory. Kinda like a fancy birthday cake , just admiring it and each of us reluctant to take the first bite. But bite we did, and then the feeding frenzy began. when the dust settled, all that remained was some muddy water. We will get that in the morning. full of those nice bristle stars.

Thanks Dave, sorry you had to let it go, but i think you found good homes for everything. and like Al said, when the time comes to set up another, there will be frags and rock aplenty to get it started. I bet the next one is even better.

See you in the morning to help move the tank to storage. No takers today, but I'm sure with a little time to advertise, you get a good offer. it's in great shape.

Gordonious
06/23/2007, 06:00 PM
That was an awesome tank. That thing was<U>full</U> of life. I'm going to set up a thread in the DE room to identify what I brought home in a moment as well as to show some pics. I just wanted to say thanks real quick and assure Dave he will have plenty of frags of everything we brought home and more as soon as he gets a new tank set up. Everything we brought home should be in good homes. I will do my best to take care of what I brought home today. Thanks again Dave.

a1amap
06/23/2007, 09:37 PM
If you get the sand tomorrow you have to stop by and drop some off. It is required by the DRC charter. Oh no? Have you read it? Didnt think so, its there, trust me:)

cdangel0
06/24/2007, 08:32 AM
Al's right - I saw it.

It's right above the paragraph that says all members are required to provide a free frag to any member that was not able to make the sale :D

4n4sd4
06/24/2007, 10:11 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10203973#post10203973 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cdangel0
It's right above the paragraph that says all members are required to provide a free frag to any member that was not able to make the sale :D

I read that part as well. I wish I could have made the sale, but was stuck working a car show all day :mad2:

a1amap
06/24/2007, 10:40 AM
Man I thought I was a good reader. Must have selective reading. Don't remember that line. I thought it said to sell frags at highly inflated prices if they don't attend. :):lol:

wds21921
07/14/2007, 10:29 PM
My heartfelt thanks to everyone who showed and helped me to find good homes for my animals. It was sad to see 5 years (total from tank to tank) worth of cultivating and maintenance being slowly taken apart but it was absolutely enjoyable to see everyone very happy with some truly great deals.
Thanks to everyone for the offers when my next one is built, since it may be a while.
Mostly, I'll miss my Saddleback Clown aka Don Vito II oddly enough. Of all the fish I've ever had, none have had more personality than the Saddleback Clowns.