PDA

View Full Version : Shipping how long can they live????

Dave VG
06/20/2007, 03:32 PM
How long hours, days etc. can corals live during shipping????? I have some LPS, mushrooms and zoos that shipped Monday and are still not here!!!! We all know what the weather has been so base it on those conditions.

flar92
06/20/2007, 05:24 PM
How were they shipped? I would not buy anything that is not going to be shipped overnight. The weather hasn't been that bad for shipping. I hope they are fine when you finaally get them .

Dave VG
06/20/2007, 06:12 PM
Ordered off e-bay. They were shipped usps overnight. Don't know what happened on the way. I'm in contact with seller now.

flar92
06/20/2007, 06:19 PM
take digital pictures of them when they do come so you have proof if they are DOA

Piazzon12
06/20/2007, 07:49 PM
Dave, hopefully they'll arrive ok. Zoos and shrooms should be at least. Have you tapped all the local sources yet (ie other reefers)?? I've havent had to order any corals online yet... and my tank's full

Dave VG
06/20/2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks Adam. Yes I have purchased some corals from Nate and hope to buy more from him in the future. I still have the mushroom I bought from you at P&C frag meet but the freebee died. Forget what it was. I’m also interested in some of Jerry’s stuff that I saw on his internet site. I have checked out the other member’s pages on the main site as well. I’m hoping to get a little something different that I can share around after they are fragable. Feel like I’m contributing to you guys as well and not just receiving. Any way I just talked with the guy on the phone. There was a mix up at the P.O. I guess. He could not re-ship until Friday due to his work schedule so I just told him to hold off till Monday. If there was another mix up at least they would not sit all weekend. He said he would throw in a couple of nice frags for the inconvenience.

Piazzon12
06/21/2007, 07:02 AM
Good to hear... I know what you mean about having different corals, it makes the frag swaps much more interesting.
That xenia can be touchy... for some it grows like crazy, and others can't keep it. Maybe now that your tank is more geared for coral you'll have better luck. I'll give you a chunk next time I do some pruning.

Dave VG
06/21/2007, 08:07 AM
Sounds good Adam.