PDA

View Full Version : Any plans for DIY powerhead magnet holders?

Trigeek
06/20/2007, 06:08 PM
I have a seio powerhead and a couple of mjs hanging on by suction cups. I have a Tunze with a magnet attachment and was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to make a magnet attachment for my other powerheads. The tank is just recovering form a sand storm that occurred by the seio taking a dive into the sand bed. Ofcourse, this happenned while we were away for the weekend :mad:

Any help is always appreciated.

snulma1
06/20/2007, 06:34 PM
If you just go buy a magfloat for each powerhead, you can use crazy glue and glue the bracket to the inside part of the magnet and use the outside part to hold it. I did that and its held on for about 2 months now.

Satori
06/20/2007, 07:03 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10181353#post10181353 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by snulma1
If you just go buy a magfloat for each powerhead, you can use crazy glue and glue the bracket to the inside part of the magnet and use the outside part to hold it. I did that and its held on for about 2 months now.

That is what I do for For Rios and Maxi Jets (with epoxy, though).

For Seios, I buy the ones made for them, from this link:
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps/ps_ViewItem~SearchStr~magnet~action~view~idProduct~AF1511~idCategory~FIPHAC~category~Algae_Free_Sure _Grip_50_Magnetic_Powerhead_Holder_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Powerheads_Accessories~vendor~.html
They have bigger ones for larger Seios, too.

Trigeek
06/21/2007, 05:14 AM
Thanks, guys.