PDA

View Full Version : feeding magnifica anenome

Sohal Tang Tim
06/21/2007, 07:14 AM
I am wondering what people are feeding their magnifica
anenomes and how often etc...any other additional comments/feedback/input you can give me on keeping of this animal appreciated... How long have you kept yours?
Size of tank? Flow? Lighting? etc...

Example: would frozen krill thawed be ideal to feed occassionally? Or..should I stick to raw shrimp and silversides
that I have heard in the past people use alot?

Thanks kindly for your help

Tim

camocustom
06/21/2007, 07:24 AM
Best thing that I fed those guys is chopped meaty foods(krill, silversides, squid) stuff like that 1-2 times a week. They love a medium to moderate flow over top of them....moderate amount of light, they will probably attach to a rock insead of sand, dont try to pull him off either, you could damage his foot. THEY sometimes can be VERY VERY big when the lights are one....

Sohal Tang Tim
06/21/2007, 07:42 AM
Do you find they get a sort of wilted look and shrivel when lights off??? Is that quite normal????? or should they maintain
much of their size when lights off???

Thanks,
Tim

E.J. Coral
06/21/2007, 03:14 PM
I got an injured and bleached specimen around a month ago. I fed it 1cm^3 chunks of silversides daily. It is slowly picking up it's color again. i recently cut back on the feeding though, becuase my tank is way too small and way too new, so the nutrients have been going crazy. Also i have noticed since reducing the feeding that it is open more often .... less time digesting and pooping.

When the lights go off, mine always balls up .... it's so cool!!!!

bureau13
06/21/2007, 09:40 PM
Actually, I would say they like a LOT of light, and even more flow. Mine has crawled up the back glass and positioned itself where it can get flow from both my return (Sequence Dart) and oen of my Vortechs...and its also as close to the 250W HQI lamps as it can get.

I usually feed him silversides, either whole, or in smaller pieces if they're the larger version.

jds

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10184241#post10184241 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by camocustom
Best thing that I fed those guys is chopped meaty foods(krill, silversides, squid) stuff like that 1-2 times a week. They love a medium to moderate flow over top of them....moderate amount of light, they will probably attach to a rock insead of sand, dont try to pull him off either, you could damage his foot. THEY sometimes can be VERY VERY big when the lights are one....

Sohal Tang Tim
06/22/2007, 05:27 AM
Bureau....how big is your magnifica anenome?
How often do you feed it those silversides?

Thanks
Tim