PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI unit recommendation and another question....

ghstrider
06/21/2007, 03:47 PM
PA, first off I got the micron socks and bracket from you guys and it looks great but I got one question....I plan on mounting it in my 20h sump but with the sock hanging off the bracket it sits about an inch under the 1st baffle. In this case it will be fully submerged and im afraid the water may not filter thru it but come out of the top of it.. Can you gimme some ideas to make it work.

second, I am considering an RO/DI unit for my new setup and wanted your recommedation. I don't need it to make a ton of water, I want to tee off the RO for my fridge, and the system will go under my sink and I plan on hooking up a bucket/reservoir tank 5-8 gal where I can move that to my aquarium top off easily (plan on setting up a 5 gal reservoir there) that I also plan on purchasing (need a good basic unit there also...ideas). So can you gimme some feedback on what units would fit my needs and wont break the bank.

Hey Jeremy, I want to send a big thanks for all the phone help,

Eddy from Miami

Jeremy B.
06/22/2007, 11:40 AM
Hi Eddy,

Is the top flange of your micron sock above the water level at all? If so, it should still work just fine for you. Once it gets clogged it will then start flow over the top and into the sump though, which means it is time to swap it out.

As far as the RO/DI goes, check out our house unit, which is a 50gpd unit, with Filmtec membrane. We can set it up with an auto top off kit, or even put a drinking water kit on it if you prefer. The unit itself retails for $149.95.

Thanks,
Jeremy

criccio
06/23/2007, 12:40 PM
Hope you don't mind the follow-up ghstrider, but I have a related filter sock question.

I want to buy the sock/bracket combo from you guys, but, my sump level is way to high, can you tell me how many inches off the top of the tank my water level needs to be to use this item so I can cut my sump baffle down accordingly?

Thanks.