PDA

View Full Version : best corals for beginners tank

MIKE ALERS
06/21/2007, 04:27 PM
hy everyone i got 75 gallon tank thats been running for 3 months.i have 260 watts of pc lights,wet/dry filter,2 pengiun 550 powerheads and a emperor 400.for livestock i got a snowflakeeel,a copperband"finiky eater",2 allards clowns,a 3 stripe damsel,one flame scallop,some pulsating xenias and a pink haitian anemone which my allards clowns seem to love.i was wondering what would be a good begginers coral to ad to my tank?

papagimp
06/21/2007, 04:29 PM
My honest recommendation is to save the money, don't buy a coral, and get a better set of lights. 260w PC's were barely enough to make a thriving 55g (LPS donimated, if you went all soft coral and whatnot, may be able to make it work some)

ahullsb
06/21/2007, 05:11 PM
I agree. I wouldn't worry whether something is a beginner coral or not considering you have an anemone already! :) I don't know much about the Haitian anem, but something tells me you need more light for it. If you really want beginner coral though, the xenia is a good place to start. It could spread across your tank though. Frogspawn, hammer corals don't seem too difficult. You could keep a lot of zoanthids etc. also.

MIKE ALERS
06/21/2007, 05:30 PM
sorry it so long for me to reply.but im still trying to figure out how to use this forum . thanks for the info.

woodycb
06/21/2007, 06:03 PM
You would not have any problems growing any softies. Stick with the mushrooms, polyps, etc. Liveaquaria.com is a good website to do research with. Good luck.