PDA

View Full Version : Johnson Wrasse

huskerreef
06/21/2007, 08:43 PM
I have had my male Johnsoni Wrasse for over a month now and he has been perectly fine and getting along with all and eating great. I noticed about a week ago my male Hooded Wrasse was missing and no where to be found, now my Johnsoni is beat up on his side and looking very stressed and the only fish that appears to be bugging him is the female hooded. Is it normal for a female to become agressive or is this a result of him being injured? I have had problems in the past with my bi-color dottyback harassing fish but he seems to not be bothering any one any more. I have moved the johnsoni to my biocube for now and hoping he recovers. Any advice?

zemuron114
06/21/2007, 09:51 PM
sounds like you have a worm/crab or other renegade critter. Female hooded will definitely not pester a johnsoni to death... My guess is a crab or worm.

huskerreef
06/22/2007, 10:26 AM
now that you mention it, my blue head wrasse was damaged a while back but he healed up nicely. the big question is how do you find the culpret when you have a 240 with a couple hundred lbs of rock and tons of corals???? traps?

zemuron114
06/22/2007, 11:39 PM
use a soda bottle. Put some mysis in and lean it against a rock or something so it can get in but not climb out (to slippery) should catch whatever it is,,,

huskerreef
06/24/2007, 06:36 PM
I may have found the problem, a large green serpent star. the guy at the lfs says they can eat fish and will position themselves to catch fish. I new I had seen one and found him perched in a large hole in the rock. put a bottle with shrimp in it next to the hole and within a minute he came out into the bottle, hopefully now the problem is solved.