PDA

View Full Version : Carbonate hardness test kit ?

ScallopKing
06/24/2007, 07:07 PM
In the instructions is listed the conversion table to transform the number of kh degress in drops to a corresponding value. There are several other results. Besides the degrees in drops what do the degree 'e' and degree 'f' columns? Which one if I had six degrees of carbonate hardness would I correspond my kh levels too? If I go by 'e' it's 7.5 and 'f' it's 10.7. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

rvitko
06/25/2007, 09:42 AM
Each drop is one dKH, that is the usual scale for marine aquariums, the other scales apply to different industial standards. If you use 10 drops the KH is 10, no conversion necessary.

ScallopKing
06/25/2007, 11:11 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10210223#post10210223 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rvitko
Each drop is one dKH, that is the usual scale for marine aquariums, the other scales apply to different industial standards. If you use 10 drops the KH is 10, no conversion necessary.

Oh - geez no wonder I still have problems then. I've been converting them to the other scales. So I guess my alk is low at 6 drops! Thanks for your help.