PDA

View Full Version : Will my ocellaris pair up in this strange way?

ocellaris06
06/25/2007, 11:15 AM
I bought two ocellaris about 3 weeks ago. When I put them into my tank, they alway kept close together. They played and slept together. During this week, sometimes they fought especially in the feeding time. Even when food flows to the larger (only a little bit larger) ocellaris, it will make sure the smaller one is not around it. Otherwise, it will give up the food. When the smaller one is on left side of the tank, the larger will the on the right side. If the smaller swims to the right side, the larger will run to the left side. One on the front of the tank, the other will be at the end.

Could anyone please let me know what is going on? Do you think they will pair up soon or later in this way?

papagimp
06/25/2007, 03:55 PM
They may not be old enough yet to be thinking about that sort of stuff yet. You 100% they are both ocellaris clowns and not an ocellaris and percula? Course even those two different species can pair up at times.

Bmgrocks
06/25/2007, 04:09 PM
its normal and give it time, they are both males, and are figuring out who will be female

ocellaris06
06/26/2007, 08:18 AM
Good question! I went to a LFS and saw about 6-7pcs clown fish in a tank labelled "ocellaris" and I got two of them (about $17/pcs included tax). I only heard that some LFS sell ocellaris as percula to make more profit. So I think they are ocellaris. I know they have some difference like number of fin and the thickness of the black border line. Is it real reliable to count on these?

Is it really that percula and ocellaris can pair up? I never hear about this. So what will be their next generation?