PDA

View Full Version : ethernet interface

bourbon
06/26/2007, 10:14 AM
Hey anyone using the ethernet interface?

Care to explain exactly what you can do with it? how you like it?

RobbyG
06/26/2007, 02:13 PM
I use it, so do many people on this forum. Works great, you can see all the Tanks parameters including the status of all the Plugs and Timers. You can Overide and Turn On/Off any plug or set it back to Auto.

You can also set up alerts that send you emails in case a system alarm goes off, you can also have it send you periodic emails letting you know the status of the tank on hourly, daily or weekly basis. These status emails are very cool, I have mine send me one everyday at lunch time :)

bourbon
06/26/2007, 07:12 PM
great thanks. tell me how do you like your aq dosing pump? what do you dose? what temp do you run your tank at normally? when does chiller kick in?

RobbyG
06/27/2007, 01:21 PM
The dosing pump is great, I use it for adding Minerals and sometimes ALK supplements. I try to keep my tank at 79 deg. Not always possible especially in the hot summer days, as it may go up to 82 deg for short periods.

RichardReef
07/19/2007, 11:54 PM
Can you add more then one of there Dosing pumps?

RichardReef
07/20/2007, 08:23 AM
Also can you make it wireless network somehow. No way I can get a cable to my tank room.

Richard

RobbyG
07/20/2007, 04:49 PM
Wireless not a problem, just connect to wifi router and your good to go.

RichardReef
07/22/2007, 10:57 AM
Not sure how you mean? If I add a router to it how will that connect to my other router for the house. Using a NetGear SRX atm.

I thought I would need to add a wireless network card to it? So I can see it on my main network for my whole house.

Rich

james3200
07/22/2007, 11:58 AM
I use this (http://www.belkin.com/support/product/?lid=en&pid=F5D7330) and plug it into the ethernet connection of the module and it gives you a wireless connection to your existing network, works great and very easy to setup

RobbyG
07/22/2007, 11:38 PM
I just run a ethernet cable from the Ethernet module to my Netgear router and then I can use my laptop to access it wirelessly from anywhere in my house. Sorry if I misunderstood what you meant, I assume you cant easily run a cable to the router, in that case just follow James advice.
You can buy any wireless Game adapter and it should work.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10390335#post10390335 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RichardReef
Not sure how you mean? If I add a router to it how will that connect to my other router for the house. Using a NetGear SRX atm.

I thought I would need to add a wireless network card to it? So I can see it on my main network for my whole house.

Rich

bourbon
07/23/2007, 06:35 AM
if I have a spare router lying around, can you just connect the router to the module or does it have to be a game adapter thing?

RobbyG
07/23/2007, 01:15 PM
Maybe someone with more wireless experience can jump in. I am not a big fan of wireless so my knowledge is limited, but i suspect you might have a problem getting that second router talking to your main router.

RichardReef
07/23/2007, 01:22 PM
I think the game adapter is the answer..

Thanks for the help guys.