PDA

View Full Version : what is this??

jdmteg
06/26/2007, 06:46 PM
First of all sorry i have started 15,000 threads in the first 2 days I have been here.

I just bought 25 lbs of live rock from a guy straight out of his tank and I got it all in my tank and set up and on a few pieces of the rock there are green "bubble" looking things and some of them are a little smaller than a dime and by themself and then some of them look very very small and are in a cluster of like 20 or so. You can see into these bubbles and they look empty so any Idea what they might be?

Thanks again

kau_cinta_ku
06/26/2007, 06:56 PM
sounds like bubble alage but without a pic. it's hard to say

jdmteg
06/26/2007, 07:45 PM
ok sounds like you may be right because there are a few other types of algae on the rocks to.

Also i have seen 5 or 6 very small....maybe half the size of a dime they look like tiny black starfish with alot of white hair on them?? i dont even know if they are starfish they are to small to tell if they have the common starfish shape but they do move along the rock.

do you know what those are?

thanks again for all the help

Pea-brain
06/26/2007, 07:50 PM
I kinda wished I hadn't removed the one piece of bubble algae I got with some chaeto. When I took it to the sink and popped it it had a satisfying thick shell that was hard and made me wish I could culture it and use it as slingshot ammo....they are the perfect size. aside from that, I believe bubble algae is considered a pest algae....

Dan