PDA

View Full Version : Anemone Advice

ReefDoctorMicromussas
06/26/2007, 06:46 PM
OK the Anemone and the Clowns are doing great! :) the only problem is that the Anemone has decided it really likes the very front center pane of glass... LOL the clowns are kinda happy there also AAGGGG!! Aesthetically though this arragement is less than ideal... should I just leave them alone? any ways to coax him or should I just reach in and gently pull him loose and relocate??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/doctor64776/DSC06441.jpg

redvipe2010
06/27/2007, 05:15 AM
Moving it is not going to stop it from going to another undesireable place. I would leave it alone and hopefully it will move to a better place.

How long have you had it?

sixspeed
06/27/2007, 06:48 AM
What type of anemone is that?

ReefDoctorMicromussas
06/27/2007, 07:51 AM
Purple seabea

Thats what I thought...
Thanks Guys

davocean
06/27/2007, 10:12 AM
It's going to go where it likes the light/flow.
You could adjust flow direction and it may move, but they will decide where they want to be more than you.
Don't pull it off, you could tear the foot.
Pointing a PH at it will make it move.

ReefDoctorMicromussas
06/27/2007, 11:02 AM
Good advice I think I will just leave him there for now... if he is still there in 2-3 months I will get more aggressive

jeeperrs
06/27/2007, 12:31 PM
I think if you want to move him you are fine doing so. I mean if people can cut them in half to make them split you should be able to just help relocate it lol. I have relocated my BTA where I want it. I just waited for him to attach to a rock then just put the rock where I wanted it lol. I know this is a different type of nem but you should be able to help coax it where you want it.

Amphiprion
06/27/2007, 12:51 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10225614#post10225614 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by doctor64776
Good advice I think I will just leave him there for now... if he is still there in 2-3 months I will get more aggressive

I think this is a good course of action to take. Assuming it is new, it may very well move even more. Wait and see first.

redvipe2010
06/27/2007, 06:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10226263#post10226263 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jeeperrs
I think if you want to move him you are fine doing so. I mean if people can cut them in half to make them split you should be able to just help relocate it lol. I have relocated my BTA where I want it. I just waited for him to attach to a rock then just put the rock where I wanted it lol. I know this is a different type of nem but you should be able to help coax it where you want it.

So what do you do when it moves to another undesireable spot? Keep moving it to a spot that is satisfactory to you and not to the anemone?

You anemone split after 2 1/2 months in your system, that is not what I would consider an accomplishment by any means.

davocean
06/27/2007, 06:57 PM
Once your nem settles/acclimates you'll get an idea of flow and light it wants.
Then you could coax it to go in a more desirable location(if it hasn't already)
When I did my swap, I just guessed on flow and light location for both my nems, tucked them between a couple rocks with sand scooped a bit, and luckily they stayed.
Biggest concern is tearing the foot, so pulling no good.
PH, or I've heard ice will make them release though I've never done that.

ReefDoctorMicromussas
06/27/2007, 09:13 PM
Great advice everyone :) Thanks hehe I think I like him too much to mess with him I'll let him be for a few months and see where he goes