PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with RS80

jtravis2
06/26/2007, 08:42 PM
I've had my RS80 running for a few months and overall it's a great skimmer. The only week point is the "tube" adjustment for the the water level, a PITA. I don't think I can put a gate valve on it and keep the valve above the water level (8.5"); if I'm wrongs about the gate valve let me know.
Recently I have been turning my skimmer off for 90 minutes for feeding so the phyto and frozen food that goes through the overflow can make its way through the refugium and back to the display tank.
Prior to feeding the skimmer is working great but when it comes back on, 90 min later, it overflows. This has become very frustrating anyone have any idea's?
Thanks
Jim

Percula9
07/26/2007, 09:21 AM
It shouldn't matter whether the valve is under the water or not. It sould should still control the water height. The adjustsable standpipe should be enough control. Lower the water level so the foam level is just above the beginning of the neck. This should prevent or reduce the overflow. Try leaving the skimmer on while feeding to see if this is still a problem.