PDA

View Full Version : Need a quick pH probe answer... about to place an online order

mille239
06/26/2007, 09:44 PM
How often are you supposed to change your pH probes? mine seems to be working fine, and was calibrated a couple months ago, but is a year and a half old. How often do (SHOULD) you replace them? (I've got an order with marine depot ready to go and was wondering if I should add a replacement probe to the shopping cart) Thanks in advance for your expeditious input!

vessxpress1
06/26/2007, 09:56 PM
They're 'supposed' to be calibrated once a month. I haven't been and mine still seems to be working fine.

I've read that it's good to replace them once a year but many people on here have said theirs are still working fine after two.

I'd say it's up to you. If it's a year and a half old and you've got an order ready to go, I'd probably just get one and be done with it. Keep it stored as a back up and see how long the old one goes for. Can't hurt anything and then you'll be ready to go, when it finally is shot. You know you need it eventually anyway. I'll probably do the same thing.

mille239
06/26/2007, 10:01 PM
thanks Vessxpress!! (I was thinking along the same lines, and had just added one to the order before you chimed in)