PDA

View Full Version : Overflow

randallcentral
06/27/2007, 04:30 AM
How well do the Continuous Siphon Overflows work?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=3642&Ntt=overflow&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&N=2004&Nty=1

jbarone
06/27/2007, 06:10 AM
I have the 600GPH model with the Aqua Lifter Pump and I have never had an issue. I put a Durso standpipe in it and it's very quite. I'm very pleased with it performance.

Shagsbeard
06/27/2007, 06:16 AM
I have one with an aqualifter to maintain siphon. It works fine, but get two aqualifters and rotate them out for service. Mine was noisy for a while but mellowed out on it's own once it worked in.

If I had to do it over again, I'd have drilled a hole in my tank though.

jbarone
06/27/2007, 06:24 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10224047#post10224047 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Shagsbeard
If I had to do it over again, I'd have drilled a hole in my tank though.

Me too:D

deklin
06/27/2007, 10:28 AM
I had one of these with an aqualifter pump and a durso stockman standpipe with no major problems. Only had it setup for about 3 months though. Relying on a siphon overflow made me nervous, especially on vacation and power outages and such.

I decided to bite the bullet and take my whole tank down for a week. I housed livestock in rubbermaid bins. I made several changes during this time and one of them was to drill the back of the tank and build a coast to coast overflow. Runs great now and I don't regret making the changes.