PDA

View Full Version : A picture of my wrasse

nwrogers
06/29/2007, 01:12 PM
Well Vince(fatrip) came over last night and we took some photos with his new Rebel XT! I thought the photos came out nice so I wanted to share one. This is a photo of my new wrasse I picked up at the last frag meet at P&C Tropical…

http://myreef.org/nwrogers/photos/20070628_halichoeres_wrasse1lq.jpg

If people are interested I have a few more I could post. Thanks Vince!

drbronx
06/29/2007, 01:41 PM
Nice camera, nice photo, nice fish! what kind of wrasse is that? nothing like an instant shutter response to grab good fish picks. With my camera, from the time I press the shutter to the time the picture is shot, the fish is halfway across the tank.

Piazzon12
06/29/2007, 03:10 PM
Just admit it Nate... that's totally photoshopped!

kidding of course... nice!

nwrogers
06/29/2007, 07:06 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10241661#post10241661 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Piazzon12
Just admit it Nate... that's totally photoshopped!

kidding of course... nice!

:lol:

You are right and it is true. I did use Photoshop to do a few things but nothing you can't do with any other photo editor. I am not ashamed to admit it :D That camera takes such good photos there is no need to enhance the colors or even make any color adjustment! The only thing I used Photoshop for with this photo was to crop it, remove a couple of random air bubbles (a very common practice on the photography forum), adjust the brightness level slightly (which almost isn't needed because the photos really are good), and save it for the web as a jpeg. Also Vince's camera just proves the point I have been trying to make for a long time. With a good camera you don't need to Photoshop anything. A good camera will capture or even enhance the appearance of its subject without the need for Photoshop enhancements. Now in all fairness though this fish's colors are as awesome in person as they are in photographs. It really is a captivating fish :) IMHO of course :D

Here is another one…

http://myreef.org/nwrogers/photos/20070628_halichoeres_wrasse3l.jpg