PDA

View Full Version : Copperband Butterflyfish

josbur63
06/30/2007, 11:33 AM
I would like to know opinions on this fish for my 75 gallon reef tank from those that have this fish in their tanks.I have a maroon clown,coral beauty,and a purple firefish.I have heard they are hard to feed,and may pick on anemones and invertebrates.I have seen him eat at the lfs,but was curious to his compatibility in a reef.Thanks for your input.

medawn
06/30/2007, 12:22 PM
I have a copperbanded butterfly in my reef tank. We put him in there to try to eat the thousands of majano we have. Not touching them. Likes the tiny brine shrimp. I think he got my flame scallop. Have not seen him pick on my anemone's or anything else. I would get a small to medium one. I have had this guy for about 3 weeks. He'll just about eat out of my hand. Love him...

Dawn

deelucky
06/30/2007, 11:25 PM
i also have a cbb in my 90gal mixed reef,though i dont have aptasia he does eat mysis and is fat and healthy.seeing them eating is a must and good water quality.great fish and has not bothered anything.he does pick the rocks for pods and stuff.

zaireguy
07/01/2007, 07:01 AM
I have one in my 300 he does great and never bothers any corals

josbur63
07/01/2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks everyone for your input.Sounds like an excellent addition to my aquarium.

CMcNeil
07/01/2007, 07:14 AM
make sure you see the fish eat at the LFS before you buy it.DO NOT BUY IT if it doesnt eat at the store.i have one as well and he is a great fish.they will wipe out all tube worms in your tank,possibly eat aiptasia,and maybe nip at clams.my CBB did end up a few months after purchase deciding my crocea clams looked like a good meal so be cautious if you have any clams.