PDA

View Full Version : New mushroom

faulkincanyon
06/30/2007, 01:28 PM
I just bought a loose red mushroom for a couple bucks because I like the color...superglues it to a piece of rock....its color is fine but it is kind of curled up...Im guessin this is normal as a reaction to the glue but just wanted to be sure...any input is helpfull!!

geoxman
06/30/2007, 07:06 PM
you burnt it's skin-good luck

DallasNYC
06/30/2007, 08:15 PM
It's not a good idea to use glue directly on the flesh of the mushroom. They are pretty hardy, so it may be fine. The best way is to find a place in your tank with low flow and rest the mushroom on some loose rubble rock. You can put the rubble rock in a shallow glass/container to make sure the mushroom doesn't float away. You can also you plastic mesh/bridal vail to hold the shroom in place. It can attach in as little as one day or may take more then a week.

Once it has attached to the rubble rock, you can then move it where you like and glue the rubble rock in place.

Keep in mind, that it is alive and can move, and can unattach itself if it doesn't like where you place it. So if it's final position is in bright light and high flow, you should start in a low lighted area with low flow and gradually move up.

madadi
07/07/2007, 04:48 AM
i had bad luck with rics and super-glue always. they always end up really slimy and get unattached eventually. i agree with Dallas. i cut a yogurt cup about 1inch high and put some small peaces of live rocks in there. tie some mesh over it with rubber band and just wait for them to attach naturally.

kingfisher62
07/07/2007, 06:15 AM
Well , it has been several days . How is that shroom doin?
I bought a single blue one afew months ago and it has produced 5 offspring so far!

faulkincanyon
07/07/2007, 08:56 AM
Oh it is fine..opened up and healthy as ever....Ive got a blue one as well...its grown but no offspring

kingfisher62
07/07/2007, 06:47 PM
Give it some time and you will probably notice the foot seperating and leaving small shrooms like this.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/Kingfish62/PICT0025-1.jpg

customanimalart
07/24/2007, 07:13 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10289669#post10289669 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kingfisher62
Well , it has been several days . How is that shroom doin?
I bought a single blue one afew months ago and it has produced 5 offspring so far!

OFF TOPIC:
Is that a coral beauty in your avatar? I have one but yours has ALOT mor yellow. Very Pretty.

kingfisher62
07/24/2007, 07:26 PM
yes customanimalart, that is a picture of my coral beauty that i had for a few years but lost him to carpet surfing a year ago.
I have see many color varieties of coral beauties from almost all deep purple to bright orange and yellows. love to see a pic of yours. I will pm a pic of mine as to not change this thread completely.