PDA

View Full Version : powerhead problem

danielmanlee
07/01/2007, 10:49 AM
Good day everyone.. my 72 gal tank is set up for 2 month now and I just switch my 2 powerhead from the seio820 to 2 koralia #3.. it seems the koralia is much much stronger than the seio820 and its causing some of my lps not opening as big as my blue tang is hiding too.. its that normal when there's a flow switch? Currently I have the 2 koralia position at both corner.. when I power both on, the water current is very stong and my fish all hide to the bottom level.. now I decided to put it on the timer and only use 1 powerhead at a time...do you think that will work? does any one use the koralia #3 in there tank can give me some adivse what to do or how to place them? thank you very much

Daniel

szwab
07/04/2007, 12:10 AM
try leaving them on for a bit and see if you fish and corals adjust to them . not sure if they can be used on timers that turn them completely on and off in may reduce their life. try placing and pointing one up a bit higher than the other. I have not used them personally, in the end it may turn out to be too strong of flow. But give things a bit to acclimate to the new flow. Just make sure the tissue doesn't look like it's being strained and damaged on he lps.