PDA

View Full Version : diamond goby attemted suicide

comfort_racing
07/03/2007, 06:09 AM
i heard a loud thrashing and banging in the middle of the night, and went to investigate and found (to my surprise!) my new diamond goby stuck in my over flow trying to get out. are these fish typically escape artists? he must have really tried to get into my overflow, the slots are narrow and the top of them way above the water line and my top right above them! he is no small specimen neither..he is about 4"-5" long and as big around as my thumb. :eek:

nava405
07/04/2007, 01:30 AM
i had 2 diamon gobies, and both jumped out in less than 4 days, and at that time, my tank had nothing else but just a Naso and 4 Chromise

happyface888
07/05/2007, 01:22 AM
do they really fit in such a small place and I was tempted to buy one too guess I'll pass.

tongphan
07/05/2007, 06:10 AM
i'll pass too.

comfort_racing
07/05/2007, 06:38 AM
he has since calmed down and is the coolest member of the tank! he constantly moves sand around and shells...he keeps the top layer of sand pristine white too...definately an added bonus. the problem i found was that the fan crapped out on my sump so the temp spiked to 81...nothing in the tank was happy and he was trying to escape. now it is back down to 78 he is calm and happy and chills on the rock and on the substrate.

HighlandReef
07/05/2007, 09:40 AM
mine did the same thing, i had eggcrate on the tank and till this day i still dont know exactly how he got out, my son actually found him 1st on the floor, explain that to a 3 year old? :)