PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Tank

AquaJern
07/03/2007, 10:05 AM
I have a stand and I have put foam under the tank itself...
The stand says it is not level, but when I put the level in the tank it says its level...
Now I have started my cycle and the water is slightly slanted...
Any sugesstions..

on3ofak1nd
07/03/2007, 10:12 AM
I would drain it and re-level the tank... Trying to level it while water is in it will be very difficult if not dangerous. I have had limited success leveling a tank which was full when it was on carpet, I was able to hammer some wooden shims under it... but again it probably wasn't very safe and it was a PIA! Drain the water into rubbermaid containers, level it.... pump the water back in.

johno4
07/03/2007, 11:04 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10264415#post10264415 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by on3ofak1nd
I would drain it and re-level the tank... Trying to level it while water is in it will be very difficult if not dangerous. I have had limited success leveling a tank which was full when it was on carpet, I was able to hammer some wooden shims under it... but again it probably wasn't very safe and it was a PIA! Drain the water into rubbermaid containers, level it.... pump the water back in.

You think hammering shims under the stand is more of a PITA than draining the entire tank? I have done both and hammering shims was easier. As far as if it is safe, I dont see why not, others have done it successfully as well.