PDA

View Full Version : Aqua C Remora Noise Silencer Performance?

aiv
07/03/2007, 12:35 PM
Does anybody know whether using wet paper towel as a silencer on the Remora effects the performance of the skimming? It seems like the bubble formation decreases when I use the wet paper towel. :confused:

Fraggle Rock2
07/03/2007, 08:58 PM
Most posts I have seen regarding this say it doesn't.

I haven't noticed a difference myself, but I only ran it for about 2 weeks without the towel. It's just too loud without it.

You could always test it. Run it for a few weeks with and without.

serum153
07/03/2007, 09:28 PM
Take the collection cup out and place it on a butter or sour cream lid (clean it first of course) and draw a line of the outline. That will be the same size as the first chamber above the intake (by the injection screw). Cut it out and place it on a paper towel and fold until it is just the square. Place that right ontop (Do not submerge or block the hole) of the injection screw and your remora pro will be dead silent. Remember to change the paper towel weekly.

ludnix
07/03/2007, 10:50 PM
serum153, is there any way I can see some pictures of this? I think I am having trouble visualizing the actual location of the folded paper towel.

serum153
07/03/2007, 11:02 PM
I left the injector screw visible for reference. The bottom of the collection cup is the exact size of that first chamber. It will set right above it, so basically push it down until it is leveled and eventually stops. I used a sour cream lid. If you want to get real creative (although I saw no added benefit) you can cut a piece of tubing that will go around the edge of the sourcream lid to give it an even more snug fit.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/serum153/P6210025copy.jpg

aiv
07/05/2007, 01:28 AM
hey, thanks for the information everyone. I'll go with the towel for a while and give an update later for comparison.