PDA

View Full Version : Help ! My HBO skimmer is pooring all the air bubles righ into my tank

speckledmind
07/03/2007, 01:19 PM
I need HELP !

My HBO Seaclone 150 Skimmer just started poor to tons of air BBQ's right into my tank 8 (

Here is what happened.
Before I did my water change, I shut off the skimmer, powerhead and heater as I always do, once the water change was complete I turned it back on, it went crazy Dong all the air BBQ's right into my tank.
I turned off the skimmer while everything else is running, turn down the air intake to a minimum then turned it back on, but it's still doing it.
I pulled out the SeaClone, checked to make sure there is no obstructions of any kind in the powerhead or one of the hoses, but the problem persists : (

I can't see anything wrong with it, and it’s never acted this way.

Any and all help right now would be appreciated !
Before I loose it 8 (

Denis

speckledmind
07/03/2007, 01:21 PM
Some major typo's with my auto correct.

It's tons of air bubbles

N_Jones
07/03/2007, 01:47 PM
I have the seaclone 100 and had the same thing happen just last night after I did some work on my filter. I turned it off for about an hour and then turned it back on. I spent about the next 15 to 20 minutes getting it adjusted until I got the bubbles reduced. It seems to me in my short experience with these skimmers, if the water gets stirred up the skimmer may work too well and can't remove the bubbles fast enough (push the foam into the collection cup) and then they get caught in the return flow.

When I adjust my seaclone I close the value all the way then open it up. I have tried opening it up all the way then closing it, but closed to open seems to work best for me. Also you need to let it work out the new adjustment for 30 seconds to 1 minute before you adjust it more. These skimmers are not for the faint of heart :eek:

speckledmind
07/03/2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks,
You suggestion makes a lot of sense.
I did not think about leaving it alone for 15 - 20 minutes after each adjustment, to give the reaction chamber time to adjust I kind of panicked seeing all this air bubbles in my tank 8 (

I have turned down the air intake to a trickle, and will adjust it every 15 - 20 minutes as you suggest.

I hate being a newbie !

Cheers,
Denis

speckledmind
07/03/2007, 05:38 PM
The problem persists.

Even with low air intake, I get bubbles coming back into my tank, could any one else shed some light on my problem or a possible solution ?

speckledmind
07/04/2007, 05:33 AM
Help !

Any one ?

My problem persists : (

phragman53
07/04/2007, 06:27 AM
I've had a SC 100 for about 2 years and will often get bubbles in the tank after adding various food and other things that change the surface tension of the water. Even putting your hand in the water changes the surface tension. What I do to fix the bubbles into the tank is open the air intake way open so that it won't even really skim. Leave it like this for several hours. At first it may not help if you have the very fine bubbles but just leave it alone as they should eventually clear. Once they do then start closing the needle valve on the air intake until you see the vortex in the chamber. Then you can fine tune it to skim with out bubbles overflowing.

speckledmind
07/04/2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks phragman53,

It's greatly appreciated : )