PDA

View Full Version : Help! Clown with eye popped out!

bnhd3
07/03/2007, 09:32 PM
A friend of mine was shutting down his tank and he gave me some of his livestock. Two things I got were A nice 3 in. black and white clown paired with a big green carpet anemone. The carpet anemone was attached to the bottom of his tank. I believe he wounded it pretty bad trying to remove it from his tank. Long story short it lasted a day or two in my tank before it went back in a crevace deep under my live rock and died. I was out of town for a day and half. When I returned I knew it was dead. The whole time during this anemone ordeal the clown never left it's side. Once I removed the dead anemone the clown came out into sight and one of his eyes is like a centimeter out of his head! Could he have gotten an infection from the decaying anemone? I have a big tomato clown that might be picking on him too(I plan on giving the tomato back to one of my LFS or a friend). He is about the same size as the black and white clown. Could he be the culprit? Anyway will this heal or is there anything I can do?

ahullsb
07/03/2007, 11:21 PM
hmmm. bump.

T Man
07/03/2007, 11:59 PM
It's sad to hear about the Carpet...........some people have no business keeping such a delicate anemone:mad2: . As far as the Popeye, if it's just the one eye- it was probably due to a scuffle with another tank occupant. The whole episode could probably been avoided of they were put into a quaranteen tank to acclimate instead of just placing them directly into your display.
It is possible that the clown could be saved, but it's going to take some work if it has'nt already got one fin in it's watery grave. TinMan
http://www.fishjunkies.com/Diseases/popeye.php