PDA

View Full Version : RedSea Wavemaker question

karlmarx
07/04/2007, 04:52 AM
Does the redsea wavemaker device offer a softstart feature or will it kill my powerheads?
I have 3 koralia 4 powerheads and 1 seio 2600 powerhead

2farNorth
07/04/2007, 06:49 AM
The one I have, supposed to have a soft start, All I've used it on are Maxi-jets.... Doesn't seem too soft of a start on them.... As for the Koralia's.. not sure how they would work, I've heard they are not designed to be on a wavemaker.
I've got 2 Koralia 4's, and use the wavemaker with some maxi-jet's to break up the flow of the Koralias... Otherwise, never tried them on the wavemaker....

Hope this helped!

karlmarx
07/06/2007, 02:27 AM
bump

JStorey
07/06/2007, 08:46 AM
Koralia's won't work on the red sea wavemaker long term. I have one and they don't soft start. They work ok with the maxijets but the Koralia rattles around each time it restarts which is a couple of times a minute. It will wear out the motor IMO. I plugged a #4 into the MP slot in my red sea which runs all the time and have maxijets plugged into the others which stop and go. This seems to work. I have heard the Seio controllers work on the Koralia's because they don't start and stop but slow down and speed up. Hope that helps.

rick s
07/06/2007, 09:11 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10270156#post10270156 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 2farNorth
I've got 2 Koralia 4's, and use the wavemaker with some maxi-jet's to break up the flow of the Koralias... I do the same thing. I have 2 Seio 820s running full time. I have 2 MaxiJet 1200s running on my wavemaker. The Maxijets do quite a job of disturbing the Seio's water pattern.