PDA

View Full Version : Multiple waveboxes

madmike
07/05/2007, 08:46 PM
Hi Roger

I am currently about to order a 96"x48"x30" 600 gallon tank and was planning on using multiple waveboxes. The tank will be viewable from two sides, front and side and i was planning on running waveboxes in the back corner of the tank with rockwork up front, blocking their view, but they would have a pretty clear shot for at least a few feet across the tank.

My question is how many boxes do you think would be good to move this much water, and if i go with say 3 boxes, could they all be mounted side-by-side in the back corner? Tank will have a middle external overflow and be in a sealed room, so noise will not be an issue. Also, there will be two closed loops with OM-4 ways and sequence pumps.

Thanks
Mike

Aquadepot
07/05/2007, 11:35 PM
Three waveboxes will be more than sufficient for that size tank. If you use one of the waveboxes 6212 and two wavebox extensions 6212.5 it will be fine. The wavebox can deal with tanks up to 1,200 litres (317 gal. ) and for anything over that you can add one of the extensions which allows for another 1,200 litres (317 gal.).

You could quite possible have just two and these will be able to cope with your tanks water volume but,a third will just create a more sufficient wave within the tank, also considering the rock wall near the waveboxes which will restrict some movement.

Cheers
Ryan

madmike
07/06/2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks! I am toying with the idea of having the waveboxes built into the tank in the rear corner. I would buy the first box and use the pump and controller, but wouldn't need the boxes on the extensions. What pumps are in the extensions? Could i just buy the pumps and use them or do they come with any other needed parts?
Thanks
Mike

GMFett
07/06/2007, 02:26 PM
Exact same dimensions as my tank and I've got two. They work great.