PDA

View Full Version : Which PC bulbs should I get?

ob1thx1138
07/05/2007, 10:06 PM
I am planning on upgrading my reef tank from 55 gallons to a 75 gallon tank. I am not trying to keep any anemones or anything that demands a lot of light right now because I know I don't have enough light to support them. Currently I am only keeping soft corals that have thrived with my current lighting setup and I dont plan on expanding my livestock until I upgrade the lighting.

I have 2 96Watt power compact light fixtures that I am planning on using on the new tank until I can upgrade to MH lighting. I am using one of the fixtures on my 55 gallon tank right now, and the bulbs are relatively new. The bulbs in my "extra" fixture are of unknown age, so I plan on getting new bulbs for it before I set up the 75 gallon tank. I am planning on using both fixtures on the 75 gallon tank. I am also planning on buying a small fixture for use on my 55 gallon tank because I plan on making it the sump/refugium for the new 75 gallon tank.

The fixture I am using now has a dual actinic bulb and a 10,000K bulb. Like I said I am planning on using these with the new set up.

My question is what bulbs should I buy for the extra fixture? Should I just buy another dual actinic and 10,000K or should I add bulbs that cover a different spectrum like a 67000K, or a dual daylight with both the 6700k and 10,000k, and maybe a actinic bulb.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me picking out the right bulbs for my tank.

ob1thx1138
07/06/2007, 02:38 PM
Ok so I am thinking I am going to go with getting another 10,000k and a single actinic instead of the dual actinic. Anyone see a problem with that?