PDA

View Full Version : what do you feed your pinecone fish

jsshark1
07/06/2007, 04:29 PM
Hi

I was hoping for find some one that already has a pinecone fish.

I am presently feeding mine live fresh water ghost shrimp,
he is in a bare tank still and he can find the shrimp before it dies.
I just don’t see how he will find it in the main tank, I would assume that the shrimp will just hide in the rock till it dies.
before I put him in the main tank I would like to see if I can get him to eat frozen. the problem is, if it is not moving he will not go for it. he will not eat brine shrimp.

so I was hoping to talk to some one that already has one happy in their tank.

thanks for your time

triggerfish1976
07/06/2007, 06:02 PM
I have attempted to keep pineapple and flashlight fish with little long term sucess. They need to be fed live food like Ghost Shrimp and vitamin enriched brine and they may or may not eventually take prepared foods. Even if you get it to eat I wouldn't put it in the main display with other fish because it will not be able to compete for food. They also are easily intimidated but more active fish and will stay hidden behind the rockwork if they feel threatened.
These fish are nocturnal so I would try feeding at night a few hours after the lights have turned off.

jsshark1
07/06/2007, 07:57 PM
thanks for the reply

main tank .... his main tank . I have a 90 tall I am almost finished setting up just around him. just live rock for now, I was thinking ...pipe fish ,I was thinking of even make it into a sea hores tank , but sea horses need colder water and I then would not be able to plum this tank to my main cleaning station,

he will be the only fish at first in the 90 gal tank