PDA

View Full Version : Reef Octopus Skimmer Question.

GigaFish
07/06/2007, 06:35 PM
Hello everyone,

I am in sort of a bad spot and patience is the killer. I ordered the reef octopus recirculating skimmer from a website earlier this week. The model is RPC-2000. I have been waiting for it all week and here it is friday at 5:00pm I get home from work and find it at my door. I open up the box to find out that it is just the standard ps-2000 model which is the same skimmer, just non recirculating. So I called the company and get an answering service saying they closed an hour ago and will be closed all weekend. I cant sit here and stare at a brand new skimmer all weekend and not do anything with it!!

So my question is: I am considering using this model and fighting them for the difference in price on monday. On a scale of 1 to 10, how efficient do you think the ps-2000 is vs the same recirculating model?

I will be using this skimmer on a 72 bowfront with 25g in the sump totalling just shy 100g of water volume. The reason I chose the recirc model was mainly for efficiency if I upgrade to my dream 175g but that is not seen anywhere close to the future. So would you all recommend this skimmer for my setup?

kodyboy
07/06/2007, 06:58 PM
I would make sure you can get your money back first, if you can I am sure it would work well on your system

GigaFish
07/06/2007, 07:02 PM
But for the money, on this system would I be seeing a significant difference? I dont mean to sound ignorant and beg for results only, I just dont know much about skimmers yet.

CHASDB
07/06/2007, 10:59 PM
Sorry they didn't ship the right skimmer-SEND IT BACK and get the recirc. It costs too much to keep upgrading and/ or you'll waste more time and money to modify the standard to the recirc. If you send it back I'll send you some mesh... how's that! Just PM me with your address.