PDA

View Full Version : Female skunk bully to male skunk ??? Need help

Chester08
07/07/2007, 08:50 PM
Well these were the first two fish i ever brought home for my girlfriends 46g tank, soon after that Ibought a neon bubble tip, (i have clowns hosting in my tank in their bubble tp fine for a while) so im not completely new to this. But since i got the two one has distinctly decided to be the larger female and the other one stayed small as the male. The female found the anenome first when i put it in the tank so YAY happy fish= good.... wrong..... now if the male even looks at the anenome wrong she chases him all over the tank. She is not nice to him what so ever a nymore all she does is pick on him.... is there something wrong here, or will it go away? any input is gratly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Random Aquarist
07/07/2007, 10:11 PM
She's just asserting her dominance. Let them be unless he gets injured. If that happens, put him in a clear container and float it.

JJFly
07/07/2007, 10:21 PM
The female is just letting him know who the real boss is and what belongs to her. (remember in the wild the anemone is safety from predators) This fighting will settle down in a couple weeks to a couple months at most. My female pinned her male into the top left corner of the tank for nearly two weeks, wouldn't let him stray more than 4". They both sleep in the anemone together now. She still takes a run at him once in a while and he quickly submits and shakes.

Chester08
07/07/2007, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the quick responses that makes me feel a lot better. haha