PDA

View Full Version : Ron Husiker - Williamsport - Saltwater Heaven

Scrandrew
07/07/2007, 09:46 PM
About 8 years ago, when I had my old tank, I had the privilege of going to Ron's store in Williamsport Pennsylvania. His tank, featured in Paletta's book, was the most spectacular thing that I have ever seen. I know that his store closed. Has anyone been there...and...more importantly...does anyone know if he still is invovled with the hobby? Does anyone know how to reach him? His tank, by far, is the best I have ever seen.

A~

TomRep
07/07/2007, 10:50 PM
I think he is still involved. I believe, repeat, believe he is the brother-in-law to a local reefer I know. I would have to do more investigating, however.
tom

Scrandrew
07/08/2007, 12:22 PM
Please let me know. I would love to get in touch with him. If he is still not in the hobby, it is a total waste. His store was the best. Thank you.

A~

zooqi
09/26/2007, 04:33 PM
Ron is not involved with any reef stuff. I know him. His tank was the best looking tank around. I will make sure I tell him somebody mentioned his name.

Scrandrew
09/27/2007, 04:34 AM
It is too Bad. His big tank was the best I have ever seen.

Andy Lentowski - Northeastern PA

zooqi
09/27/2007, 09:39 AM
I think the big tank went to your area. Stayed in his hard for almost a year and a dentist bought it. Will tell him next time I see him. He called me from Harrisburg not long ago and he was working there painting UPS buildings.

Scrandrew
09/27/2007, 04:33 PM
Before I met him and his big tank, I thought I was the shi* when it came to reefkeeping. I then quickly learned that He was. I remember when he started off in the basement of his house, and I remember the last store in the strip mall.

Why did he exit the hobby? I could still hear his drawl about his "carrls" and how well they did. I also remember the homemade skimmers he designed. I do not remember a single "rare" coral in the big tank, but, I can say, hands down, that every coral he did have in that tank was the biggest specimen of that coral that I had ever seen.

I remember meeting his wife, and I heard through rumor that he got divorced. I also remember that he was a painter for his other job. I think, based upon his size, he told me he used a snorkel or a mask to reach into the tank. So, if you talk with him, tell him that Andy and his friend Joe from NEPA said hello. He may remember me, maybe, as I was a parole officer and later a lawyer. There is a chance, albeit slight, that he might recall me. As I have longer eyelashes and am a bit overweight, my wife joked with him about her reasoning behind liking the lawnmower blenny (chubby face and eyelashed).

Is he ever going to do it (a store), again? I also heard a rumor that he was designing a reef tank for a wealthy guy in Alaska. Oh, how the rumors swirl...

Finally, speaking of closed down stores from your area, what ever happened to CATHY? from the Saltbox. She had a store in her garage in her back yard opposite a cornfield somewhere near Danville. What ever happened to her?

A~