PDA

View Full Version : ich

adam1969
07/08/2007, 08:48 PM
I put a chevron tang in my tank 2 weeks ago and she looked great she broke out in spots after 4-5 days along with a few of my other fish. Since then the other fish have looked good until tonight. The chevron is the worst and my bullet sand sifter who by the way was added the same day and my hippo have spots. I can not catch them to quarenteen what do I do? Any recommended treatments?

Freed
07/08/2007, 08:50 PM
Do you have just the fish in your display or do you have corals as well? If just fish and no inverts or coral you can do hypo on the main tank to get rid of the ich.

adam1969
07/08/2007, 08:53 PM
I have everything in my display 200 labs of rock several corals and shrimp. Any thoughts on no sick fish treatment

Young Frankenstein
07/08/2007, 08:54 PM
If this is reef tank then you cant put any medication in there it will kill your live rock and invertebrates, you would have to take it down and catch the fish, quarantine.

Freed
07/08/2007, 08:57 PM
No sick fish is bogus junk. All it does is make the manufacturer rich. Please take that literally. No one has ever had success with it and the only person that did was a LFS owner. Read this thread about it:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1150485&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

sanababit
07/08/2007, 08:58 PM
go for it, i have been reading on that medicine, maybe you could be the first guy in this forum to use it and you can post the results, i have read a lot of good feedback on the treatment, so good luck, and dont forget to post, btw, the only drawback is that the medicine is expensive.

sana

Freed
07/08/2007, 08:59 PM
san, please post links to threads where the person has had success with this junk snake oil. Thanks.

sanababit
07/08/2007, 09:12 PM
Posted by Attomikk on Reef Central

Guys, NoSickFish's ICK medication is a miracle bottle. After purchasing my CBB, I discovered that it had some ick. I quickly bought the medication, while previously researched its results. I dosed 1 drop per 25 gal for 7 days. After the 7th day, there was no ick. None. To this day there is 0 ick. I couldn't be happier owning this product.

It's been at least 1.5 months since the last time I treated the tank. I treated the tank directly with everything in it. I did turn off my skimmer for 3 days, and I lightly fed the tank inhabitants. Also carbon was taken out as well. It worked just like it said it should.

Posted by Ryan on Reef Central

I've never paid much attention to these forums. Occasionally I'd pop in when I had a problem. I just ran across this slink and thought I would share my opinion after reading atomikks post. I cold feel his excitement. I remembered how much of a pain ich was for me in the past. I've tried a lot of treatments; some worked better than others, but ich always seemed to come back. Since then things are different. I also have used no sick fish's ich treatment. I treated my tank 9 months ago, which was the last time I've seen ich in my tank. I also passed along my bottle to a friend 4 months ago. Worked great for her as well. She has been ich free since. We both have full reef tanks. Inverts live rock- the whole 9 yards. Such a little bottle, yet it treats 300 plus gallons. Good stuff.
That's my 2 cents.
Best of luck to all!

link
http://nosickfish.com/testimonials.php

i know, i know, they can write what they want, but have u personally tried the medicine freed??? if so can you tell me your experience with it???

wooden_reefer
07/08/2007, 09:19 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10299694#post10299694 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by adam1969
I have everything in my display 200 labs of rock several corals and shrimp. Any thoughts on no sick fish treatment

To be able to put both fish and coral etc togther is a serious business and requires a lot of patience and adherence to sound procedures.

Hope you know now

Freed
07/09/2007, 04:45 AM
The wonderful thing about these "miracle" cures is that it's not the med that is making the ich disappear it's the natural life cycle of the ich that is making the ich "miraculously" drop off the fish. Please do some more research.

adam1969
07/09/2007, 05:35 PM
thanks guys