PDA

View Full Version : copper band butterfly

reef888
07/09/2007, 07:41 PM
i am thinking about getting a small cbb. any1 have any n if is a good idea. i have a mostly sps n clams in a 90 gallon. any advice would be appreciated. :)

CMcNeil
07/09/2007, 09:34 PM
first and most important make sure you see it eat prepared foods BEFORE you buy it.if it doesnt eat then dont buy it,wait for one that eats.you say you have clams.my CBB decided to munch on my crocea clams.he didnt bother the maximas or derasas,just the croceas(still trying to figure that out). what fish are in your tank now?tangs will bully the butterfly most of the time and can kill it if they persist in the fighting.

DJPB
07/09/2007, 09:44 PM
I've had a CBB for 4 years and 3 tank upgrades. This fish is known to be extremely delicate, however it it one of my longest pets. Of my current fish, only a yellow tang, a mystery wrasse, and a randall's goby have been with me longer.

Like the above poster said, it's good to see it eating first in the store. I cant remember if i did that or not. At the time i had an aptasia problem and within 2 weeks all aptasia was wiped out. Also, CBB's will eat tube worms and feather dusters so if you have any of those beware.

Overall a great community fish, very peaceful, beautiful markings, and will keep you free from aptasia!

Asuran
07/10/2007, 08:50 AM
again make sure its eating and if you have other aggressive fish when it comes to food you may want to target feed it. my tangs are too fast and my MI pushes the CBB out of the way when i target feed. I feed it PE mysis