PDA

View Full Version : WavySea Installation

dickenscd
07/10/2007, 11:28 PM
I just received a "WavySea Plus" which I bought from Marine Depot. After reading the enclosed manual and spending 2 hours, I still have problem to figure out how to install it on the center of the back of a 6'L x 2'W x 2'H standard reef ready tank produced by All Glass Aquarium.

I talked to a nice gentleman named August from Marine Depot for technical support, he spent more than 20 minutes ( unfortunately not toll free number) with me and still could not solve the problem, August did not have Wavysea contact phone number, both of us went to the WavySea website, and could not find their contact phone number either.

Do I need a special bracket for my tank?

James

kodyboy
07/11/2007, 12:07 AM
I just kind of shoved mine onto the rim with the small plastic adapter (the one the wavy sea slides into) on my tank. The fit was plenty snug, but you could not tighten the bolts (they were too high).

Bebo77
07/11/2007, 12:27 AM
you can adjust the bracket to fit on both rimless tanks and tanks with rims..

the bracket should look like the letter " C" with the wavysea facing the left...

africangrey
07/11/2007, 12:56 AM
I will have to spend an additional $25 on a 1.25 braket for your tank. I have a 120 AGA with the same issue, until I bought the specially hand made braket from Wavysea.

dickenscd
07/12/2007, 04:26 PM
I am surprised that WavySea does not come with a bracket for such popular AGA Aquariums, and I have to buy it separately.

Anyhow, I like their slim design comparing with the other 4 ugly Sea Swirl boxes which I am using.

slowsoaks
07/12/2007, 07:30 PM
I have a wavy sea and found that the best way is to mount a piece of plastic, ( I used sheet PVC) on the edge of the tank and installed the unit on this. It raised it high enough above the water level. If you buy the larger bracket, which I did, the unit was too close to my water level. I used plastic clamps to hold the PVC sheet in place. good luck

dickenscd
07/13/2007, 10:02 AM
Thank you very much for the valuable information.

dickenscd
10/16/2007, 06:03 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10329046#post10329046 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by slowsoaks
I have a wavy sea and found that the best way is to mount a piece of plastic, ( I used sheet PVC) on the edge of the tank and installed the unit on this. It raised it high enough above the water level. If you buy the larger bracket, which I did, the unit was too close to my water level. I used plastic clamps to hold the PVC sheet in place. good luck

What kind of plastic clamps are you talking about? Could you show me a picture?

Does your tank have the same thick frame like my AGA 180 gallon tank?

I talked to Wavysea, I was advised that the machine will be OK as long as the water level under the sealing line (where the electric wire coming out) of the unit. Therefore, the main unit (the large body) can be almost 3/4" under the water.

Thanks,

James