PDA

View Full Version : Tissue Recession on Brain - Help!!

Amador
07/11/2007, 07:35 AM
I purchased this brain (lobophyllia?) on Sunday, and on Monday I came home to find it looking like this:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b239/Amad0r/Brain002.jpg

I am guessing at this point that the tissue recession is from too much light. It was under VHO / T5s at the LFS, and I have 250W MHs (14k bulbs). The lights are ~6" off of the surface of my 125g, and the brain was on the bottom. I had a piece of eggcrate over the area, but apparently that wasn't enough shade.

Monday night (immediately after I saw the damage) I moved the brain into a low light, low flow area shaded by the eggcrate and several layers of window screen.

What else can I do to help it recover? I don't want to deprive it of light to the point that it has no energy to rebuild its tissues, but I obviously don't want to burn it more either. Where is the line? Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

elegance coral
07/11/2007, 08:26 PM
WOW! With all that open tissue I would use an iodine based dip to keep down the possibility of an infection or to kill the one it may already have. I have the same light over my red brain, but it is partially shaded and very happy.