PDA

View Full Version : Questions on my Diamond Goby

Ismellikefish
07/12/2007, 08:31 AM
Hello,

I just got a diamond goby a couple of days ago. He made a home under one of my rocks. The first day I got him I could tell when I got home that he had been stirring up the sand, but was in his home. I fed some Mysis but he really didn't come out.

Second day, same thing when I get home he never comes out of his hole. I fed so mysis, and he doesn't come out.

I have 2 questions > I am feeding about 1/4 of a frozen cube (thawed out). Is this enough? he is about 2 1/2" long.

Second question. Is it normal for them to stay in hiding?

Thanks in advance

MTB
07/12/2007, 08:46 AM
That amount of food seems right for his size. Do you see him sifting through the sand at all? Or does any food float down to his hole? Mine took to food right away. I usually let a nice chunk float down to him and he takes it all.

It is normal for them to hide. He should start coming out more after a few days. Mine was skitish for a while. Everytime I went by the tank he'd dash into his hole. I had to spy on the tank to see if he was coming out.

davidryder
07/12/2007, 08:48 AM
Yeah it's really too early to tell but I would say it's normal. Just give him some time.

Ismellikefish
07/12/2007, 09:47 AM
should I suck some mysis up with my baster and blow it in his hole?

and it is good to know they are a little shy at first. I was getting worried about him :)

nattydread
07/12/2007, 11:38 AM
I picked up a diamond a week ago and had the same concerns. He was shy at first, but once i started squirting food down to him he came out. Then i added another fish, and he started to come out more. I turn the powerheads off so it settles in front of his door.

woodycb
07/13/2007, 04:13 AM
mine started comming out of hiding after a week.