PDA

View Full Version : foxface ?

danielmanlee
07/15/2007, 12:56 PM
Foxface compatible?
good day everyone.. My tank set up for 3 months now.. everything is moving along well(knocking on th ewood).
my par: are

amm- 0
nit- 0
nitrate -20ppm( a little high)
cal -440
alk -9 dkh
sg - 1.025
temp -80
ph - 8.2

currently my stocks are:
Blue tang
tp clown
sleeper goby
coral beauty

I do have a few mushroom, hammer, frogspawn and torch coral...

now I am planning to add 2 more fish to my tank and that would be all.. I am looking for a foxface rabbitfish and a sixline warsse..Are either on those fish compati ble with the currently tankmate?? and if so, which one should I introduce first? the foxface or the sixline warsse?

can someone give me insight on the foxface,( they are beautiful fish), its there any special care I need to watch if I am getting one?? I know they are Venomous..

Tyler.L
07/15/2007, 03:55 PM
why add fish when nitrates are so high? just try and get them down then add another fish once everything becomes a little more stable.

Eggs
07/16/2007, 11:32 AM
Regarding the Foxface info, mine is really friendly and can be hand-fed. The venomous spines are usually up when he's stressed or at night - for defense. Not aggressive towards any fish.
You probably should have a 6' tank when it gets bigger, mine loves to swim.

oct2274
07/16/2007, 12:17 PM
foxfaces are great reef fish, not aggressive towards other fish and are very hardy in my experience. They grow very fast and are algae eating machines. If you have a tank big enough for a 5-6 inch fish they are an excellent choice for a reef.