PDA

View Full Version : 29G biocube water flow problems

M2B3J
07/15/2007, 04:07 PM
i am having trouble with the flow of water throughout the 3 chambers in the 29G biocube, what is an inexpensive solution to this problem......trying to keep it very basic with any mods. i cant keep the chamber with min/max water level filled with water, i first thought it was evap. but have came to conclusion that im not getting good water flow. any suggestions?

scowiii
07/15/2007, 08:14 PM
Pull the filter in chamber 1 up a bit that will allow more flow into chamber 2 that should do the trick.

RADERBY
07/15/2007, 08:49 PM
There are a few things you can do, in chamber one where the wall at the top is only partially cut use a razor and cut it all the way across, this will allow more flow. many people that do other mods do not use the stock filter cartriage, it restricts flow and if you keep buying them they get very expensive. I have done a lot of mods to mine but these are a few easy things to do.

Pandomime
07/16/2007, 08:37 AM
I had the same problem in my BC29. I agree dont use the stock filterpads, they restrict flow and are to expensive. What i did was get one of the stock filterpads and removed all the media out of it. I then cut out the little black platic seperators. Then all you need to do is cut regular filter flaws to the size of the moded tray and there you go, you have your self a filter that dosen't restrict the water flow