PDA

View Full Version : wolf eel (bleeny eel) question

cloudjockey
07/16/2007, 12:18 PM
Just a quick question on these guys. Does the green wolf eel have teeth?

LisaD
07/16/2007, 01:59 PM
I have one, pretty sure it does have teeth, though it has never bitten me. I don't know that they are BIG teeth? Why do you ask?

cloudjockey
07/16/2007, 02:12 PM
I researched them and decided to get one. I'm nervous around it, althought it seems pretty non agressive. I looked at it's month and can not really seem any teeth. So I got to wondering if it has any teeth, since it's not really an eel.

billsreef
07/16/2007, 02:24 PM
They've got teeth ;) Fortunately they also have very good eyesight. So long as they see you whole hand, not just the juicy bite size finger, they will leave you alone. In other words, don't go just sticking your finger in and teasing the fish ;)

cloudjockey
07/16/2007, 03:18 PM
cool, I could not get mine to eat anything I tried, until I dropped a silverside in. Wow the eel can flying out to get it. I'm glad they have good eyes, seems to be a really cool fish. I'll keep my finger out of there mouth. I was also wondering because I got bit by my huma huma trigger not to long ago, and no I'm a little nervous about the hands in the tanks, probably good becuase I have 5 lion fish, Thanks

billsreef
07/16/2007, 06:34 PM
They like their fish for dinner :D

Triggers are whole 'nother story, they will often take a bite out of anything.

LisaD
07/17/2007, 07:38 AM
Mine is really shy, and has grown slowly over the 2+ years I've had it. It is not aggressive to me or the other fish. It has a great appetite, though, and eats mysis, pieces of shrimp and scallops, and Ocean Nutrition cubes. It hides in the rocks, then darts out for food. Sometimes it comes out and lays across the powerhead.

I would not be afraid of this fish. Follow billsreef's advice and all will be cool. :)