PDA

View Full Version : Red bug question.. AGAIN!

easye123
07/16/2007, 07:27 PM
Well as some of yall might of read recently i just treated my tank for red bugs. Anywyas i bought a new acropora frag from LFS today. I eyeballed the crud out of it to make sure it was healthy, (as it was from an owners tank they just broke down). it seemed all good. I put it in my tank and 5 minutes later checked it. noticed it had a couple red bugs on it. I took it out and opened my last inceptor pill and now have it in a gallon bucket. I chipped off a tiny piece of the inceptor and dissolved it into about a cup of water. SHould i wait a full 6 hours like i did treating the whole system or can i take it out after like 3 or 4. Also i still have 99.9 percent of the pill left but i think i read that they have to be sealed and stuff. I put it back in the litttle palstic thing and put it in a ziplock bag. Will it be ok for future use if i need to dip frags like i did today?

Thanx a lot yal!!

Evan

SDguy
07/16/2007, 07:37 PM
So at this point what makes you think your main display is red bug free? Sounds like either a. you still had some or b. you just introduced them again.

You simply can't trust that your keen eye will detect RB on new acquisitions. You have to assume they DO have RB, and treat ALL new purchases accordingly.

easye123
07/16/2007, 07:47 PM
Well im not 100 percent for suree. I didnt have many red bugs in the begging. After treating my tank I havent seen one, and i stare at my tank all day. Im waiting to do the other treatment on my tank. I was just nicely askin if 6 hours is the right amount of time for treating just a frag in a gallon bucket, or should i go for 3-4 hours. Also i asked if i could save the inceptor pill even though i opened the little pouch. You didnt answer any of my questions

SDguy
07/16/2007, 07:51 PM
Yes, 6 hours as a dip is sufficient. I would not go less. Length of treatment seems to be more important than strength of dose, from what people are reporting on here. Reseal the pill pouch with tape and place in a ziplock bag. Store as other meds in cool, dry place (ie nowhere near the tank:) ) Sorry you found my other comments not to your liking, but it's the truth.

gasman059
07/16/2007, 08:28 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10353632#post10353632 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SDguy
Yes, 6 hours as a dip is sufficient. I would not go less. Length of treatment seems to be more important than strength of dose, from what people are reporting on here. Reseal the pill pouch with tape and place in a ziplock bag. Store as other meds in cool, dry place (ie nowhere near the tank:) ) Sorry you found my other comments not to your liking, but it's the truth.
:thumbsup: