PDA

View Full Version : AquaC Remora skimmer

RickGemme
07/17/2007, 02:44 PM
Anyone that has had experience with this thing please shoot out a response... i was just wonderng how quiet this thing actually got after the 1-2 week break in period that the booklet says it needs. The noise actually seems to be a bit better today after only a day of use (and the beginnings of some foam and water collection since i got home from work) just wondering if it gets silent or does it still retain some of that spraying hissing sound?

AngeloM3
07/17/2007, 09:48 PM
I had one for about 5 months and HATED it! Noisy, added micro-bubbles to display and only produced skimmate for about 2 months. So I tossed it and got a ER... been very happy with it ever since.

FWIW... I've read a ton! of posts of people complaining about these skimmers.

serum153
07/17/2007, 11:12 PM
My remora pro with mag 3 is dead silent, so try this
Take the collection cup out and place it on a butter or sour cream lid (clean it first of course) and draw a line of the outline. That will be the same size as the first chamber above the intake (by the injection screw). Cut it out and place it on a paper towel and fold until it is just the square. Place that right ontop (Do not submerge or block the hole) of the injection screw and your remora pro will be dead silent. Remember to change the paper towel weekly.