PDA

View Full Version : Lighting question.

ENraged
07/17/2007, 04:53 PM
Would a 150 watt 14K Sunpod over a 20L be to much for Pseudosquilla ciliata?
After checking Doc. Roy's site it says they are frequently found in shallows so it seams to me that it would be fine so long as the light was not directly over its burrow..

ENraged
07/18/2007, 01:20 PM
Guess not to be concerned?

Gonodactylus
07/18/2007, 02:36 PM
Should be ok.

Roy

DanInSD
07/18/2007, 02:37 PM
I think that 150W MH on a 20 gal tank is bordering on the rediculous in any circumstances. You'll have to do a slow acclimation of just about anything you put in there, especially right under the light. Not sure if I'd expose a mantis to this sort of intensity on ongoing basis.

Dan

Gonodactylus
07/18/2007, 03:45 PM
As long as the heat is controlled, P. ciliata can handle very high light levels. After all it is often found hunting on while sand in an inch of water at noon on the equator. That is pretty bright.

Roy

ENraged
07/18/2007, 04:25 PM
I have a 150 over my 10 gallon prop tank and my stuff is loving it so i am not sure what is so ridiculous about it. My micros, zoas and others all handle the hight light just fine and look better then every. .
AS Roy said from my reading they are often found in shallow water so I figure they should be fine
the only thing making me think twice is light coverage my office is climate controlled so heat shouldn't be an issue.
I plan of rigging up an ATO so salt levels shouldn't fluctuate much.

DanInSD
07/18/2007, 05:17 PM
OK, cool, enjoy! It's more light than I would use, but I've never grown really "light-needy" corals before.

ENraged
07/18/2007, 08:22 PM
Yea micromussa eat up the light i have them no more then 8 inches from the light and the color they have now is just insane.. I have a few sps as well.
I contacted an online vendor about making my a 15 gallon long all in one tank so hopefully soon i can set it up :)