PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer

GV7486
07/18/2007, 11:33 PM
Alrighty...so my friend got tired of me always talking about PLANNING my aquarium and decided to buy me a 10 gallon so I could be quiet and get started.

So, in order not to hurt her feelings by showing my disappointment of not receiving the 180 gallon tank that I want to setup, I'm going to give a nano setup a try.

This, of course, brings me to ask a couple of questions...

1. What's a good skimmer for a 10 Gallon?

2. What would be good to keep in a 10 Gallon?

Thanks for your time :)

sir_dudeguy
07/18/2007, 11:46 PM
For a skimmer, you dont need one in a 10g if you just keep up with regular water changes. The only reason you should need one in that small of a tank would be if you're gonna do like a heavily sps tank.

For what to keep...Theres' not a whole lot....check out liveaquaria.com and look through their nano fish selection...some of those should be good to keep in there.

reefnetworth
07/19/2007, 12:51 AM
dito sir-dudeguy! i just would like to add, if you decide you need a skimmer, stay away from the "Fission" skimmer. amongst many bad reviews here on RC, i owned one and they are pretty much a piece of junk. my opinion does not reflect that of RC or its affiliates. :D
JDM :cool:

PhxPhish
07/19/2007, 01:05 AM
Heh, just like the other guys said, water changes every week :) Thats what I do in my nano's and its so much easier to keep good water quality.

sir_dudeguy
07/19/2007, 01:50 AM
psh, i dont even do water changes every week...or every other week for that matter on my 40 and i dont use a skimmer. lol.