PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ Aggressive CBS!! (x-post)

Dustin_p
07/19/2007, 08:10 AM
I have a 75 gallon Saltwater tank that is still in the beginning stages. It's been set up since March 07, along w/ live rock, the only livestock I had was an unknown (sold as damsel--but it is not), and a coral banded shrimp. The two have lived in harmony!
Yesterday, I brought home a Blue Tang, and per acclimation tips I have recieved, after releasing him in the tank, kept the lights off. He was around for a while, then suddenly gone. Thinking he was hiding in the rocks, I let him be. My wife was looking for the tang, out of curiosity, and found him--in the claws of the CBS. It took some wrangling, but we managed to get the Tang away. She looked bad at first--quite a bit of tail is missing, and he looks "ruffled". He was swimming around last night, but laying on the bottom a lot, and now getting harrassed by the unknown fish. Since it was time for bed, and we didn't want to lose the Tang to the shrimp overnight, we moved him to one of those nursery nets inside the tank, w/ a few pieces of PVC piping to hide in.

SO--now what do we do???? How do we ensure the little Tang makes it.

Normally, we hardly see the CBS--just his antennae's poking out. Since the Tang--he's out constantly--even now, he's hanging out below the Tang--like he's waiting.

Can anyone help??