PDA

View Full Version : almost ready!

Pea-brain
07/19/2007, 06:51 PM
Ok, my LFS has an bluestripe pipefish that is trained to eat frozen cyclopeeze and I have 3 ten gallon tanks that I plan to hook together when I get home (2 of them are cycled, the third will be the sump) The one it is going in has a nice arch and about 9-12 pounds of live rock and some green star polyps. I've done some reading on pipes but there isn't alot to read. It is quite possible I missed something. I also have a black lyretail molly in the first ten gallon that is pregnant, and two more in the second tank, one of which is a male and the other is also pregnant. I figure the babies will provide a twice a month feast for the pipe. I just don't know if the molly in the first tank will bug the pipefish....maybe I should put them all in the sump so the babies can be pumped up to the top? So any tips? What have I missed? I know the tank can't be above 75 for an extended period of time and that I need to feed 2-3 times a day, but other than that? Thanks!

Dan

Pea-brain
07/28/2007, 03:15 PM
Okay never mind. It looks like she sold the guy before I could get it. Too bad. I was thinking of special ordering another through the store, but if I couldn't train it to eat frozen food it would die pretty fast. I have almost no pod population I know of. A few gammarus shrimps and little bugs but now nearly enough for a pipefish....

Dan