PDA

View Full Version : Too much at once?

Lehman
07/20/2007, 01:28 PM
Im looking to put 5 ricordea polyps into my 12g nano after its cycled and the clesan up crew is in. I was wondering if this is too much to add at once? Id add them 1-2 at a time but id be ordering them online and would like to keep it to one order because of shipping costs and this is my only tank. I could do 2 water changes that week that I add them if I needed to.

skyhigh
07/20/2007, 01:42 PM
I dont see any prob with that as long as your tank is ready for them. i would think you would worry more about that if you were adding a bunch of fish.

lokelani808
07/20/2007, 02:32 PM
I agree with skyhigh, as long as your tank is mature enough for them, the rics should all be fine.

Lehman
07/20/2007, 03:04 PM
Well the tank would only be about a 5 weeks old when I planned on ordering them. Is this too early and if so how long should my tank be established before I add them? Would zoos be better to add that early or am I just jumping the gun entirely and need to wait longer.

Lytehouse
07/20/2007, 03:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10380753#post10380753 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lehman
Well the tank would only be about a 5 weeks old when I planned on ordering them. Is this too early and if so how long should my tank be established before I add them? Would zoos be better to add that early or am I just jumping the gun entirely and need to wait longer.

If your tank has fully cycled and cleaning crew has survived well you can add your frags. They shouldn't add to the bioload, unless you are feeding them. Now fish, is a different story because they immediately impact the bioload both from the food that gets missed and their body waste.

skyhigh
07/20/2007, 03:33 PM
Well that comes down to how you set it up. Did you use all cured live rock And live sand to set it up????? eather way i think you should try a couple of small CHEAP corals befor you start spending $$$ on Ric's

SAPseven
07/21/2007, 02:06 AM
rics are hardy i wouldnt worry too much .. i say put em all in at once and enjoy.