PDA

View Full Version : How To Finish/Polish Glass Edges

Canadian
07/21/2007, 08:12 AM
Hey guys and gals,

My custom frameless and braceless tank finally came in but for whatever reason the builder didn't buff or polish the cut edges. Obviously this is unacceptable and doesn't very professional. Unfortunately, it's not worth the hassle to send it back to have them finish the edges so now I'm looking for a DIY solution.

What I'm wondering is if there's an appropriate disk or wheel I could use on a Dremel to finish the edges? Or is wet/dry sand paper or emery cloth on a block a better? I don't need to polish the edge necessarily, just take the edge off. But if you have recommendations for polishing the edges, fire them at me too.

BruiseAndy
07/21/2007, 10:17 AM
You can try the flannel wheels with a nice paste wax or polishing compound, would think it would be an all day project though.

vitreous
07/21/2007, 07:58 PM
forget about polishing the edges, its not work you want to do by hand. as for taking the edge off, use wet 180-220 grit silicon carbide sandpaper. be careful, glass is sharp.

BeanAnimal
07/21/2007, 09:53 PM
In other words use a soft dense sanding block to hold the paper... not your hands.

BeanAnimal
07/21/2007, 09:53 PM
As an added thought... hassle or not, I would make the builder fix the problem. You paid for something to be built correctly, don't let them off the hook.

ned2getfish
07/22/2007, 01:54 AM
if you paid to have that work done then they need to pay for the return shipping fix the problem and ship it back if not get in contact with your credit card company stop payment until its is done #2 Have then give you the difference back since the work was not done. I had this happened to me ona 340 I fought back and won