PDA

View Full Version : tunze doc 9002

joshnano
07/22/2007, 03:41 PM
If you have one of these please could you give me some information on adjusting it to work. I have had the skimmer or a couple of days now and it is skimming well from time-to-time but other time i cannot get it to work at all. This thing has a mind of its own lol. I researched into the whole skimmer thing before hand and came to the conclusion that the 9002 would be best for my tank. Also it is a wee bit on the noisy side but i think perhaps it is quieter in comparison to other skimmers although i have no past experiance.

Can you guys tell me what you know and i will be very grateful thankyou.

joshnano
07/22/2007, 04:49 PM
c-mon people some of you must have "shareable" info!

trigger111
07/22/2007, 05:02 PM
I don't have a 9002, but I do have a 9010 and they should be somewhat similar. When I started out I started with the blue screw almost completely out and over the next few days turned it clockwise (a very small amount at a time like a half turn or less) to where I was getting the results I wanted. The trick is to adjust it slowly. Once you have it where you want it you don't really need to make that many adjustments.

2crazyreefers
07/22/2007, 06:36 PM
I am running the 9002 on a 40 breeder. It been running aprox, 3 weeks now with no problems. I played with the air adjustment for a while to dial it in and found that it works best when the water level is not above the blue water line on the skimmer.