PDA

View Full Version : Setting up tank

fisher1234
07/22/2007, 08:25 PM
Hello everyone. So i hav all the plumbing done on my 72 bow and tommorow ill be goin to the lfs. I didnt fill the tank to make sure all plumbin is ok, should i probly do tht???? So i decided to put in all the sand first 60- 80 lbs. then fill 30% of the tank with water then put in about 40 pounds of the rock then fill the rest of the tank. Does all this sound good or am i missin somethin??? I was plannin on mixing my salwater 20 galloins at a time in 20 gall trash cans. How long do i need to let it mix???? Suggestions on anything will be greatly appreciated. Thanx everyone!!!!

an411
07/22/2007, 08:38 PM
I am going through the same thing that you are going through right now. I am not sure if you are using an ro/di unit. But what I did is filled the tank up with hose water first to check the plumbing. Good thing I did cause I needed to fix a leak. Then once the leak was all set cause I filled up with hose water one more time again and then drained it and put all my sand in filled with RO/DI water then just added the salt to the tank through the sump had to stir it around a little to get it to dissolve into the water and here i am now waiting for my rock to come in so I can put it in the tank. I hope that this helps.