PDA

View Full Version : please help naso tang ill

ED517
07/22/2007, 08:41 PM
my 5in naso tang has not eaten anything the last few days and has begun to loose weight. he is now secriting white feces. he is hiding alot. he is usually very active even eating out of my hand
125g fowlr
am. 0
ni. 0
na .20
ph 8.1
sa 1.022
any advise would be greatly app.

kevin2000
07/22/2007, 11:05 PM
How long have you had the fish? What other fish are in the tank? Where the fish QT'd" Any new fish additions lately?

Tried to respond a few times to this thread but RC is having some problems and every time I have typed out a response I get the "were sorry". You might try using the private mail system and send your question directly to one of the moderators of this forum .. they have higher priority when it comes to obtaining access to RC.

ED517
07/23/2007, 09:26 PM
1 4-5in emp angel
1 5in blonde naso
1 3in regal tang
2 2in perc clowns
all in a 125g fowlr all were q/t for 3 weeks pri
they have all been in the display for 1mth with no signs of agr
only the naso seens affected

Percula9
07/24/2007, 09:52 AM
I've had fish mysteriously stop eating. If there is no sighns of external problems, usually sme sort of stress is the cause. Soak the food in Garlic extreme to stimulate appetite. Soak for 15-20 min. Put a couple of drops in the water. Hopefully he will start eating again.

kevin2000
07/24/2007, 03:29 PM
My 02

A picture may help.

You might try some live brine shrimp to help jump start the appetite of the fish ... most fish tend to go bonkers for live brine shrimp ... might try some nori as well since your tank sounds new and there isn't going to be any algae for him to munch on.

White feces doesn't mean much by itself .. stringy poop is sometimes an indicator of internal parasites but thats not "color coded" and on occasion its simply diarrhea.

You might be seeing simple stress ... 5 fish put into a tank within a short period of time creates problems ... and having more than one tang in a tank may also be part of the problem and some research on compatibility may be in order.